Wednesday 27 July 2011

Hot Pink Trousers. x


Today's post is about a new pair of casual trousers I decided to make for myself. Colour, Hot Pink. I  really don't know what it is about the colour pink that I like at the moment. Made from stretch t.shirt fabric they are so so so comfy and very quick to sew together.  I never use to like working with stretch fabrics but I can't get enough of it lately and my overlocker is working over time. So here's how I did it.

The shape was odd to begin with because there was no side seam in the leg but this just made the process quicker. Above photo shows where I have sewn in the drape that features on the front of the trouser.

Here I have sewn up the inside of the leg. I then had to repeat with the other leg and sew both legs together at the crutch.

I then took the waistband and sewed the ends together to make a circle.(make sure you leave a gap for later stage) This got folded over and overlocked onto the top of the trouser.

Going back to the gap/opening in waistband, you can now thread your elastic through waistband and close with some really neat hand stitches. Turn up the hem and top stitch. Ta Da!

As I've said before I'm not very comfortable in front of the camera and the sun was blinding me so please excuse the shyness. looking at the photos now I wish I'd been brave enough to wear a top with colour and possibly tuck the top in but I have a weight issue at the moment and played it safe with black.


Here I tried out a different belt.
I'm thinking of making another pair but instead of hemming the trousers I will add some cuffing instead.

Trousers - made by myself
Shoes - Steve Madden
T.Shirt - Next
Skinny Belt - Oasis
Thick Belt - Dorothy Perkins

Nick x

8 comments:

  1. whoa I wish I could make things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh.. i like this Trousers !
    danks for your cmt :)

    http://neverdreamedaboutthis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Reminds me of the early nineties when everyone was wearing that style of pants:-) Good work, lovely. Btw, you do not have a weight issue-you look gorgeous~Meredith xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! You made your own harem trousers?! They look wonderful!!!!! You've got so much talent, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very impressed, they came out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these harems are fantastic!
    Thanks for your comment :)

    www.neverquiteelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I will be sure to take a look at your blog x