Tuesday 28 June 2011

Garden Party

You might remember me talking about the preparations for the Garden Party to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary in past posts. Well here are some photos showing you the delicious cakes, random photos and my completed skirt with embroidery.(thanks Jo)












My Mum in the middle with my two sisters either side.


Mum with her cup cake nail art.



I had so many comments about my skirt. I'm so pleased with how it turned out. My friend Jo who embroidered my skirt is so talented and interpreted the flowers beautifully.
Note to self * I must make a hair appointment*
Netting was used for the roses which were hand sewn in place with tual. The Poppy's were cut from red velvet and black seed beads were applied by hand, and finally the shapes from the Foxglove were applied with a metallic silver thread. If time had been on Jo's side this would have travelled right down the skirt & given a clustered feel. It's so pretty & I feel extremely feminine when I wear it.

Cork wedge shoes from DANIELLE past season. http://www.danielfootwear.com/

My sisters outfit was really pretty. She looked effortlessly Chic, again another very feminine look.


The floral print top was bought from River Island http://www.riverisland.com/ and the white t.shirt underneath from St.Martins
These gorgeous gold Miss KG  kaluha sandals can be bought from Debenhams http://www.debenhams.com/ and have now been reduced to £39.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I will be sure to take a look at your blog x