Sunday 31 October 2010

Plastic Fantastic

When Vivienne Westwood collaborated with Brazilian label Melissa to produce her plastic Anglomnia shoe range in 2008, memories or should I say nightmares of the 1980's jelly shoe reared it's ugly head.
1980's jelly shoes








Vivienne Westwood £110 http://www.blueberries-online.com/ 


It was considered cool to wear these awful seaside plastic jelly shoes back in the 80's and having worn this awful shoe fisrt time round there was no way I was going to surrender to the updated version in the noughties. However, whilst window shopping I found the cutest pair of plastic, yes PLASTIC Melissa shoes. Never in a million years did I think I would be swiping my plastic in return for a pair of plastic heels.


I must admit the price tag made these shoes even more appealing as these cute peeptoe Melissa heels were in the sale at Eve on Main street, Frodsham. Once home I couldn't wait to wear my plastic heels (which by the way smell of purple pie man from the strawberry shortcake dolls) and built my outfit around them. Wearing them with these harem trousers kinda makes me feel like i'm at dance rehersals.  Mmmmm Happy Feet!

Jacket:Armani Exchange
T.shirt:H&M
Trousers:River Island
Plastic Heels:Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I will be sure to take a look at your blog x