Tuesday 30 April 2013

Having Time to Sew!

Having time to sew is a luxury these days so I was in my element when I found a few hours spare to spend in my studio making these  little bags. I call them magazine bags as the measurements for the pattern were taken from April's Vogue magazine. 
Really into recycling at the minute.The denim print came from an ex-display IKEA cushion cover found in a bargain basement bin, the tabs holding the handles to the bag are a really strong elastic from the insides of a sofa my dad & I stripped back & the rest of the fabric is from off cuts of fabric that I can never bring myself to throw away.  



The pattern hook/coat hook (I use it to hang my pattern blocks from) I also created myself by gluing 3 wooden meter sticks together & getting my dad to drill the different coloured hooks (purchased from DIY)to the rulers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I will be sure to take a look at your blog x